Synthesis: 2

 

Using same technique as before (see Part 1), I’ve taken another of the coiled rubber samples and this time added some beautiful copper stakes which I found discovered by peeling some of the sturdier electrical wire I’d already acquired by dissecting cable. This process of deconstructing material to reveal other useful material, mirrors very much what I’ve been doing with natural material such as bramble (to be documented in future blogs).

 

 

I’ve decided to use the blue cable throughout because of the sheer brilliance of its contrasting colour (attracting much canine interest) and for continuity between the pieces. The process of dissecting cable and extracting electrical cable is both tedious but ultimately worthwhile for the array of coloured wire that I find within.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.
%d bloggers like this: